What will the role entail?
- Identify the tests that need to be performed, developing test scenarios from requirements, derived from discussions with stakeholders & developers.
- Identify the most appropriate implementation approach for any given feature, using various testing techniques, including automated testing tools (predominantly Selenium).
- Continued maintenance of the existing automation testing suite’ by proactively ensuring the existing automation test suite keeps pace with site enhancements, taking action as required.
- Proven track record of creating, running and analyzing performance tests to meet agreed criteria (CI).
- Analysing live site bugs found with the scripts, liaising with stakeholders to understand the impact
- Test-Driven Development – Work to the practice of TDD
- Full involvement with internal regression testing.
- Ability to use experience and knowledge to create and run ad-hoc tests in order to provide complete testing coverage.
- Experience of analysing live site bugs found with the scripts, liaising with stakeholders to understand the impact
- Proactively ensuring the existing automation test suite isn’t impacted by site enhancements and taking action as required
- Proven track record of using both automated tools and manual techniques to record and run tests that are repeatable
- Experience of all mentioned testing techniques
- Understand the iterative software development lifecycle
- Be experienced in agile software development
- Strong written communications skills.
- Experience of documenting test results in a clear and concise manner
- Understand Agile methodologies
- Experience of documenting test results in a clear and concise manner.
- ISEB / ISTQB - Software Testing Foundation certificate
- Experience working in a similar industry