Key aspects will include
Working as the Product Manager (Owner) you’ll sit between the business, development and user experience and you will offer the commercial steer to help the multifunctional teams to understand the wider commercial context to the roadmap. Your ultimate goal is to work in an agile way (and by that we don’t necessarily mean to the manifesto) to knowledgeably prioritise, manage the scope of work, and remove blockers so that your team can efficiently deliver value to the website, internal stakeholder tools or to the technologies that underpin our platform, always making sure that value is being delivered as quickly as possible.
You’ll be evangelical about analysis, it will be second nature for you to analyse behaviour, whether that’s of our customer or our internal systems. Supported by the Business Insight teams along with developer built monitoring, you will quantify and analyse the impact of the changes made and, if necessary, use UX testing to help the user experience and development team understand the impact of previous and future changes.
Communicating effectively and working closely with stakeholders will be key to your role. You will have a good understanding of all aspects of the business to make sure that you understand reason behind every piece of work we pick up. You will actively make sure that all of your stakeholders are involved in the creation of your teams’ roadmap and that you constantly communicate progress.
- Clear prioritisation methodology for managing trade-offs between cost, time to market and strategic alignment to ensure the best ROI from our development, always focusing on MVP when delivering each project.
- Work as part of a highly collaborative cross-functional team to oversee the planning, development and design of the product strategy from product initiation decision through the end of the product life cycle.
- Engage with internal stakeholders at various levels to formulate and present strategy, update on progress and demo new product features.
- Work with the Business Insight functions to measure the success of each deploy and enhancement and communicate insights back to the idea stakeholders and Director of Product Innovation to quantify the impact.
- Support the establishment of product vision, business goals, product roadmap and global rollout plans and champion this within the team.
- Be the visible advocate for your products internally and externally
- Identify opportunities for future development and innovation
To be successful in this exciting role you will need:
- Ability to identify new opportunities, develop clear strategies to drive growth, as well as a strong desire to push technological innovation and drive success
- Strong commercial awareness, results focused and motivated by the success of On the Beach
- To be a true self starter, with the ability to develop strong internal relationships quickly across multiple business stakeholders
Skills and experience:
- 2-3 years Product experience in a commercial ecommerce environment.
- A true self starter, with the ability to develop strong internal relationships quickly across multiple business stakeholders and the confidence to work at any level.
- Strong commercial awareness, can take a business strategy and apply this to all decisions
- Outstanding technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Great personal and people management skills, and the ability to motivate a team with a complex workload and tight deadlines.
- Experience using a suite of analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Decibel Insight, Usertesting.com to a good standard
- Reporting to the Head of Product.
- Office relocation to Manchester City Centre Autumn 2018
- Apply by sending your CV and covering letter to ITjobs@onthebeach.co.uk