The On the Beach Story
We are proud to be one of the UK’s leading online retailers of beach holidays - from humble beginnings in 2004 as a start-up business in a terraced house in Macclesfield, England, to our 2015 listing on the London Stock Exchange; we now send nearly one million happy customers away on their perfect beach holiday each year. With huge opportunities for growth, we’re on a long-term mission to become Europe’s leading online retailer of beach holidays, so our story’s only really just begun…
People are our business
Recruiting, engaging and retaining staff with the right On the Beach DNA is important to us and we have exciting plans to continue this investment and develop our fantastic working environment to further support our values and vision to be Europe’s leading online retailer of beach holidays. But it doesn't stop there. We're proud to have a fantastic team culture too. To encourage this our teams get state of the art technology to work with, a subsidised canteen, a casual dress code, a chill out area, as well as golf, bowls and badminton on site. We support and provide an environment in which our employees can flourish. We celebrate when things have gone right and if things don’t go quite to plan we all rally around each other. Above all we work together as a team.
What's the role all about?
This is an exciting and wide-ranging role in which you’ll be able to make a real impact, working for one of the UK’s fastest growing online travel companies.
We recently opened brand new Digital Headquarters in Manchester’s city centre – with ambitions to double our digital teams in the next few years - and now, along with our Operations HQ in Cheadle, operate across two sites. We’re looking for a skilled and experienced Communications Officer help us develop and deliver a range of communications channels, tools and initiatives. You will primarily be focusing on internal communication and colleague engagement, driving awareness of business strategy and contributing to a culture where employees can flourish. Your role will also provide support for external communications activities, helping to drive awareness of, and positive conversations around, the brand.
What will my role entail?
• Support the business’ communications activities to improve colleague communication and engagement, as well as helping to strengthen our brand positioning and reputation externally.
• Help develop and deliver the internal communications strategy and put this into practice through leading the day-to-day activities. You’ll manage a range of channels and tools to ensure colleagues across both of our sites are informed about and engaged with the business strategy, priorities and achievements.
• Work closely with departments across the business to provide internal communications advice and support, understand communications needs / opportunities, and share information.
• Manage the creation and production of communications collateral and activities: from emails to internal guides, magazines and newsletters, presentations and events.
• Think creatively to find new and interesting ways to communicate, inform and engage.
• Contribute to the wider Marketing department to identify ways in which we bring campaigns to life for employees.
• Research and advise on the latest digital tools and best practices to help make our communications best in class.
• Provide support for external communications activity as needed, including research and administrative support for PR campaigns.
• Where necessary, you’ll support our corporate communications activity for the Group, for example working on our Annual report and maintaining the corporate website.
• Produce communications reports to measure activity and evaluate impact.
• Work closely with the rest of the Marketing Team to ensure a holistic and integrated approach is taken with all activity.
• Develop excellent relationships and contacts within the business to identify opportunities for both internal and external activity and spokespeople.
To be successful in this exciting role you will have:
• Faultless written English and outstanding verbal communication skills
• A dynamic and proactive approach
• Ability to transform complex information and ideas, presenting them in a clear and engaging way
• Ability to work independently and on initiative to identify business needs and opportunities
• Have a genuine enthusiasm for colleague engagement, and keenness to contribute to a positive working culture and employee experience
• Personable and able to build relationships and influence at all levels
• Ability to multitask across a range of projects and in a fast-paced environment, managing time accordingly
• A team player, able to easily build relationships and work effectively as part of an integrated Marketing department
• Experience in a Communications role and knowledge of internal communications tools, methods and best practice