On the Beach isn’t a normal travel company and neither are our people. We’re united in our mission to become Europe's leading online retailer of beach holidays. We are taking over tech in the city, so join us now! Our award winning team has relocated to our multi-million Tech HQ in the heart of Manchester and we are looking for passionate and ambitious like-minded tech superstars to join our journey.
You are passionate about technology, you thrive on solving problems, you love to learn and get a kick from working as part of a team. You care about your craft, you want to build exceptional products and be proud of what you deliver. You are flexible, open to new ideas and always looking for ways to improve.
We are building the future of travel and we want you to be part of it. Our user experience teams work collaboratively with all members of the team including our award winning design team, business analysts, experienced web developers, product owners and stakeholders from across the Business to constantly push boundaries, innovate and deliver excellence.
- We participate in building great mobile apps and work very closely with our back-end teams while having the opportunity to continuously learn and adapt to the team’s needs.
- We know the world is constantly changing, so we employ development best practices, OOP and SOLID standards from both Apple guidelines and the community to help us become more flexible every day.
- We believe in continuous improvement and interoperability, so we support both Objective-C and Swift and get them to work together.
- We’re using all the usual UIKit/Foundation frameworks, enhanced with a few third party libraries here and there.
- Our domain services are consumed using RESTful APIs as we support multiple platforms and devices to our customers.
- We like to keep people engaged and informed about important events in real time, so we use cloud message APIs and push notifications to keep everyone on the loop.
- Everyone is involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle and we are constantly changing, so continuous integration is a big thing for us.
- We are efficient by nature, so we use automation to do the boring things for us.
- We believe in giving everyone the opportunity to have a great experience, so we focus heavily on accessibility and UI/ UX best practices.
- Everything we do is data-driven and embraces experimentation - we use A&B/ split testing and work closely with design, marketing and analytics teams to continuously improve the user experience.
- Finally, we believe in building great quality products. Testing lives inside our development effort and we work very closely with our QA teams to ensure the best possible quality. We rely extensively on TDD practices and include unit and integration testing in our stack. Our QA teams have built an extensive automation pipeline and we actively support them.The first gate of quality starts with our unit and integration testing and tools like BrowserStack.
We believe in maintaining a positive work/life balance, so to help out, we offer flexible working, discounts on local amenities (including gym membership and restaurants) and a free bar - stocked with an enviable selection provided by some of Manchester’s finest breweries - to close out R&D time on a Friday afternoon. To help you find the time to really relax (as well as helping you become a genuine beach expert) we offer generous staff discounts on our fantastic beach holidays. On top of this we offer a Share Incentive Plan, workplace pension, training and development, conferences, social events, enhanced maternity/paternity pay...the list goes on.So whether it’s a tour of our swanky offices, an informal chat about one of our roles, or you just want to find out more about the team, apply today or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org