What's the role about?
Each of our Agile Business Analysts is involved in the development of ideas from concept through to delivery and is required to support multiple teams and requirements at any one time. The role is wide ranging and challenging, with a typical working day likely to involve:
Supporting teams working on a current idea…
- Analysing current and next up tickets: just-in-time requirements elicitation; unblocking tickets requiring more information; providing business context and detailed insight to the team on ideas and looking for alternative innovative solutions to problems.
- Supporting Product Owners, development teams and the wider business in gathering information to make informed decisions.
- Communicating with stakeholders.
- Facilitating stand ups, retrospectives, demos and workshops.
- Agile coaching: spotting potential issues with the team and helping to resolve them; ensuring a constant focus on delivering business benefit whilst understanding the value of developing the “minimum viable product” (MVP); challenging decisions when required and promoting effective communication.
- Supporting testers in developing acceptance criteria and ensuring we test the true business requirement.
- Working closely with Product Owners and Technical Team Leads on all matters concerning your team(s)
Following up on ideas deployed to live…
- Communicating outcomes to our project stakeholder group and the wider business.
- Supporting the measurement phase of a feature post deploy and helping to shape the next iterations of a feature.
Analysing and prioritising upcoming ideas…
- Idea sense checking: reviewing and investigating new ideas to prepare them for development.
- Ensuring ideas are underpinned by a well-defined hypothesis
- Understanding the problem statement or opportunity behind an idea, rather than taking a pre-packaged solution at face value.
- Verifying that there is quantifiable business benefit to the idea.
- Contributing to the prioritisation process, ensuring it is balanced and fair.
What are we looking for?
To excel in this role, your soft skills will be paramount. Able to persuade, negotiate and influence, you will understand the value of building successful relationships at all levels and have a passion for working with people. You will relish the opportunity to understand other points of view to help shape your own understanding of the complex business problems you’ll be helping to solve.
You will have an ability to be able to cut through the noise and focus on the issue at hand, leading the team in promoting an MVP based approach. You will be adept in identifying a hypothesis and helping our teams to establish the best, quickest way to test it. Taking risks will feel natural to you, whilst at the same time being able to anticipate potential issues and mitigate them effectively.
Communication and collaboration are fundamental to the way we work so the ability to communicate effectively at all levels is essential. Our Agile Business Analysts work closely with people across the entire organisation but most directly with the Product Owner and Tech Leads on their team(s). You will also work closely with our UX Designers to support them in developing wireframes and designs for prototyping and user testing.
You will be responsible for pulling together the requirements for our development teams, so all communication and documentation must be clear, concise and simple. These are normally in the form of user stories but can also include business and data flow diagrams. You will therefore need to be capable of representing complex concepts in a variety of written and visual forms.
Job Holder Specification – Essential
- Technical understanding – web applications and eCommerce systems, including back office
- Business / Systems Analysis and Modelling experience
- A proven track record of supporting developments through the full project lifecycle
- Communication skills – advanced written, verbal, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience in working and liaising with various business and technical teams, helping to bring these areas together in a collaborative environment.
- Stakeholder management – ability to work confidently with all levels of the organisation by building trust and demonstrating commitment to customer satisfaction
- Knowledge and experience of Agile Processes
Job Holder Specification – Desirable
- Experience of agile coaching
- Experience of working as, or alongside, Product Owners within an Agile development environment
- Exposure to cost / benefit analysis
- Experience of data analysis methods
- Staff discount on holidays
- On-site canteen
- Company social events
- Casual dress code
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay – based on length of service to qualify
- Length of Service awards
- Flexible working
- Free car parking
- Workplace pension
- Share Incentive Plan
- On site badminton court and putting green
- Healthshield - Voluntary health care plan
*Increasing holiday allowance with length of service
- Full time (37.5 hpw)
- Hours - 8.5 hours inc 1 hour lunch, Mon – Fri
- Office relocation to Manchester City Centre Autumn 2018
The deadline for applications will be Friday 24th August.