Key aspects will include:
Working as the Product Owner in your development team, you will offer the commercial steer, helping the team to understand the wider commercial context, and making sure that the scope of the work answers the problem outlined by the business in the most efficient way possible.
Working closely with the Business Insight teams to quantify and analyse the impact of the changes made and, if necessary, use UX testing to help the development team understand the impact of previous and future changes.
Work closely with Key Stakeholders to understand business need for the Products you work on, prioritising improvements and communicating clearly and effectively any progress made.
Planning and prioritising the individual tickets being worked on by the teams to ensure best business benefit from the development work. Actively manage the scope of work allocated to the team by deciding the priority of the user stories and making decisions regarding changes.
- You will ensure successful delivery of set features to production that meet both internal and external customer needs.
- Work as a part of a highly collaborative cross-functional team to oversee the planning, development and design of product strategy from product initiation decision through the end of the product life cycle.
- Support the establishment of product vision, business goals, product roadmap and global rollout plans
- Manage trade-offs between cost, time to market and strategic alignment. Focusing on MVP when delivering each project.
- Work with the Business Insight functions to measure the success of each deploy and enhancement and communicate insights back to the idea stakeholders and Director of Product Innovation to quantify the impact.
- Present strategy, progress and product features to internal stakeholders at various levels of the business.
- Be the visible advocate for your products internally and externally
- Identify opportunities for future development by raising Development Ideas to the Director of Product Innovation.
To be successful in this exciting role you will need:
- Ability to identify new opportunities, develop strategies to drive growth, and push projects forward, as well as a desire to push innovation and drive business
- Results focused and motivated by commercial success.
- To be a true self starter, with the ability to develop strong internal relationships quickly across multiple business stakeholders
- To be results focused and motivated by commercial success.
Skills and experience:
- 2-3 years Technical Product experience in a commercial ecommerce environment, particularly within the travel sector.
- Outstanding technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Great personal and people management skills, and the ability to motivate a team with a complex workload and tight deadlines.
- A true self starter, with the ability to develop strong internal relationships quickly across multiple business stakeholders and the confidence to work at any level.
- Experience using a suite of analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Decibel Insight and What Users Do to a good standard.
- Experience using Excel for data analysis and insight to a high standard.
- Reporting to the Head of Product
- Staff discount on holidays
- On-site canteen
- Company social events
- Casual dress code
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay – based on length of service to qualify
- Length of Service awards
- Flexible working
- Free car parking
- Workplace pension
- Share Incentive Plan
- On site badminton court and putting green
- Healthshield - Voluntary health care plan
- Increasing holiday allowance with length of service
- Full time (37.5 hpw)
- Hours - 8.5 hours inc 1 hour lunch, Mon – Fri
- Office relocation to Manchester City Centre Autumn 2018