What's the role all about?
We are on the lookout for people who are keen to learn, ambitious, want to have fun, are smart and above all bold enough to try new things. The position has a salary of £16,000 rising to £16,500 for strong performers when fully trained.
A bonus scheme is in place worth up to a further £1,200 per year if targets are met, there is also the opportunity to earn commission when a change to the customer’s original booking is made (£2 per booking that is changed, in busy months’ agents can earn an additional sum in excess of £300 per month). This is a new commission scheme which is being reviewed monthly.
As part of this team, you will be responsible for ensuring that any booking which drops out of the automated booking process is promptly resolved. This involves an empathetic approach to the customer’s requirements combined with the commercial knowledge needed to ensure the booking is processed profitably. Knowledge of airlines and holiday resorts is useful in helping customers to choose alternatives, we trust you to take ownership of the customer requirement and ensure they receive the very best attention possible.
What will my role entail?
- When a booking fails to process automatically, you will analyse the booking to ascertain what action needs to be taken
- This can be as simple as changing minor details and putting the booking back through the automated process or contacting customers for alternative payment means
- However, a percentage of bookings need more manual intervention - flights and hotels may have sold out or changed in price, part of your role will be to contact our customers to offer alternative hotels or airlines and find an alternative holiday which meets the customer’s needs
- Our main objective is always to find a suitable alternative holiday
- You will work as part of a very busy team and are looking for people to join us who are resourceful, resilient and flexible
- In quieter periods you will be able to work in other areas of the business to gain more varied experience
What experience do I need to be successful?
- Ability to identify customer needs through effective questioning, identifying sales opportunities by selecting appropriate products to match the customer’s requirements.
- Experience of dealing with inbound and outbound calls.
- Handling customer enquiries, bookings and payments in a professional manner.
- Showing determination by ensuring performance and conduct is in line with performance measures and targets while having the ability to work under pressure.
- Fantastic when dealing with customers over the phone offering excellent sales and customer service, dealing with complaints in a calm and diplomatic way.
- Deliver the highest level of customer service at all times by combining outstanding communication and rapport building skills.
- Knowledge of airlines and familiarity with booking flights.
- Knowledge of holiday destinations, resorts and hotels.
- Take responsibility for own personal development by seeking feedback from others.
- Share ideas collaboratively with team members.
- Enjoys talking to customers while working in a fun vibrant environment.
- Presents a solution which suits the customers “wants, needs and desires”
- Works well under pressure.
- Team player.
- Good online/website skills.
- Working as part of a team to achieve departmental targets.
- Happy to work with other departments in busy periods and times of need.
What are we looking for?
- Confident in speaking to customers over the phone or face to face
- Friendly, positive outlook with excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Hardworking, punctual and adaptable
- Strives to achieve sales targets using own initiative or as part of a team
- Drive and determination to succeed
- Strong numerical skills
- Motivated to achieve or exceed daily/ weekly and monthly target
- Computer literate
- Call centre experience
- Experience in Travel desirable but not essential
- Well travelled with sales, travel or call centre background
- Casual dress code
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff discount on holidays
- Subsidised canteen
- Free car parking
- Contributory pension scheme
- On the Beach Share Incentive Plan for all employees with 6 months service
Contact Centre Opening hours
- Full time (37.5 hpw) hours
- Working shifts typically vary between the hours of 08:00 till 21:00 Monday – Friday, 09:00 till 21:00 Sat and Sun