UX / UI Designer
What will the role entail?
- Working with the business and Product Owners to be the UX voice in concepts and ideas creation.
- Collaborating with other designers and our product development teams to understand our customers’ needs, creating wireframes, user journeys and navigational prototypes based on a loose, high level brief (we don’t provide solutions – we trust you to come up with those)
- Inspire and encourage others to create a seamless user experiences across multiples devices
- Providing our customers with the best possible user journey as they search, select and book their holiday
- Use your creative talent to design webpages, new features and native apps
Essential Skills and Experience
- A thorough understanding of User Centred Design and able to demonstrate experience of working through a User Centred Design process.
- Highly skilled in using Adobe Photoshop, Sketch and Illustrator in a commercial environment
- Experience with using a number of prototyping tools such as InVision, Marvel, Flinto, Proto.io and Principle
- Understanding of Google Analytics and how to use top line data to inform UX decisions
- Able to contribute to formal user research and user testing to try out new designs and ideas with customers, making sure that we’re meeting real user needs
- User research skills including Personas, Competitor Analysts, A/B Testing
- Minimum of 3-5 years commercial experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Strong image manipulation and creation skills.
- Competent in working across different platforms (web, tablet, smartphones) and browsers
- Ability to work within current style and brand guideline. Also able to develop additional style guides moving forwards.
- The ability to communicate and present ideas to both technical & non-technical colleagues.
- Able to work in a collaborative manner across Development and Design teams, but also able to work autonomously
- An understanding for agile methodologies such as XP and Scrum.
- A passion for emerging web technologies and trends
- Travel industry experience
- An interest in design programmes such as After Effects, Lightroom and other 3d design packages
- Staff discount on holidays
- On-site canteen
- Company social events
- Casual dress code
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay – based on length of service to qualify
- Length of Service awards
- Flexible working
- Free car parking
- Workplace pension
- Share Incentive Plan
- On site badminton court and putting green
- Healthshield - Voluntary health care plan
- Increasing holiday allowance with length of service
- Full time (37.5 hpw)
- Hours - 8.5 hours inc 1 hour lunch, Mon – Fri
- Office relocation to Manchester City Centre Autumn 2018
Apply by sending your CV and covering letter to ITjobs@onthebeach.co.uk